Friday, April 21, 2017

Oasis, Shopkins and Batman!

I'm finally making some headway on the latest round of my Midnight at the Oasis. 



Lots of orange peel blocks needed, but as of today I only need two more.


I'm still not quite happy with the very centre, but I'll leave it for now and see if another fabric that will do better comes to mind.

Yesterday was indeed a Throwback Thursday....I haven't sewn clothing in a few years...maybe since my daughter was a little girl??

Well, lately I read on someone's blog (sorry, I really can't recall who's) about a twirly skirt she was making. She was using Shopkin's fabric and I have a little granddaughter who is obsessed with Shopkins. Whenever I see her she shows me all the the different "characters" she has.

I did find the instructions for the skirt HERE if you want to see how it will look.

A couple of weeks ago we searched high and low for Shopkins fabric in our area. I got the impression it is a new fabric that hasn't come to Canada yet. I did find it on Etsy...ordered it and it arrived quickly....


As it happens, little Mina also loves Batman. This skirt is reversible, so here's a peek at the other fabric I'm using...



This is an easy enough skirt and I think she will live in it all Summer long, but it sure uses skills that I haven't used in a long time. There are a couple of tiers and ruffle so there is a lot of gathering to be done.

Here it is, so far....still another tier and ruffle to be added, and the Batman skirt to be done...



Linking up today with Sarah for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?,  and with Myra for Finished or Not Friday.

There was so much rain, thunder and lightning here yesterday and today is starting out very foggy, but I have a feeling when the sun comes out it will mean the first mowing of the lawn on Sunday. I'm looking forward to getting out and tidying up the yard and getting ideas for this year's garden!

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Love you Oasis! I really like Jen Kingwell patterns and fell in love with this one as there was a sew along going on. Just couldn't bring myself to add one more project. Keep up the great work. It will be stunning. ( Cute skirts, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute skirt and I love that it is reversible to batman! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piecing. Gotta love Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midnight at the Oasis is looking great! Is there another round after the orange peel blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Midnight Oasis is not the best name for something so bright, cheerful and full of colors :-) The skinny green strip really adds an extra element of elegance to the block.

    ReplyDelete